Friday, September 9, 2011

Distinguished, Dashing, Darling Dahlias

It is the time of year that dahlias are in full bloom in Michigan - and many fall brides love the look of them in their floral arrangements.  I recently provided flowers for a very sweet couple, and dahlias were on the list of flowers to have.  Because I didn't have enough white dahlias growing in my own garden, I had the pleasure of going to the Hamilton Dahlia Farm in Hamilton, Michigan to hand pick the blooms that would grace my bride's day.  I'm looking forward to seeing the professional wedding photos, but in the meantime, here is some of the fun that we had leading up to the special day:


Rows and rows of colorful dahlias:



Close up shots:



Farm helpers had been busy cutting for market day:


Paige, age 12, was thrilled that while mom was cutting white dahlias, she was allowed to pick up the colorful and perfectly beautiful "dead heads" that were on the ground.  Armed with a bucket full, she immediately started using her creativity when we returned home:


 
Wedding flower delivery day:



I'll share more wedding day photos as soon as I see them.  In the meantime, you might see some of my wedding day snapshots show up on the Forrester Farm Facebook Page - or here on the blog :)!

2 comments:

  1. Love your lovely flowers! I gave you a blog award today in one of my posts. Stop in and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet! I will, and Thank You!!!

    ReplyDelete